Whether the favorite phone should have a particularly large display or a particularly compact design, each user sees a little differently. Some manufacturers take this into account by offering their high-end models in various sizes. There is a real innovation in the design, namely the foldable smartphones, such as the Samsung Galaxy Fold. Although you do not save on weight and volume, but on the pack size.
We test eight (non-folding) high-end smartphones: Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max, Google Pixel 4 XL, Huawei P30 Pro, LG G8X, OnePlus 7T, Samsung Galaxy S10 +, Sony Xperia 1 and Xiaomi 9T Pro. In terms of performance, the Oppo Reno 10x Zoom belongs to this squad, as it is only available as an import in Germany, it is not necessary here.
Apple, Google, Samsung and Sony have smaller variants on offer, which differ in just a few details, so you can decide on weight and size preferences: iPhone 11 Pro, Pixel 4, Galaxy S10 and Xperia 5 – but beware, the iPhone 11 (without Pro) and the Galaxy S10e offer less. Somewhat higher quality and larger than the S10 + are the variants with pen, grade 10 and grade 10+; we will not go into that.
- Access to all contents of heise +
- exclusive tests, guides & backgrounds: independent, critically sound
- c't, iX, Technology Review, mac & i, make, c't read photography directly in the browser
- register once – read on all devices – cancel anytime
- first month free, then monthly € 9.95
- Weekly newsletter with personal reading recommendations from the editor-in-chief
Start FREE month
Now start FREE month
heise + already subscribed?
Log in and read
Register now and read articles immediately
More information about heise +
Huawei P30 Pro (g) LG G8X ThinQ (t) OnePlus 7T (t) Samsung Galaxy S10 + (t) Smartphones (t) Sony Xperia 1 (t) Test (t) Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro (t) iPhone 11 Pro Max