Continuing his studies at Cambridge University, Turkish scientist Prof. Dr. Mete Atatüre was awarded the 2020 Thomas Young Medal by the Institute of Physics.
As a scientific institution with a history of 150 years and nearly 50 thousand members worldwide Institute of Physicsis a world-renowned scientist in the field of solid state quantum optical systems. Prof. Dr. Mete AtatüreAwarded the 2020 Thomas Young Medal.
Prof. Dr. Atatüre is given each year to appreciate and reward scientists who contribute to physics Thomas Young Medal and Award‘What; He has been awarded for his pioneering work in the field of quantum optics in semiconductors and diamond and for exciting applications in quantum technologies.
Making statements to the Evolution Tree on the subject, Prof. Dr. Atatüre, “This award is very meaningful to me in terms of recognition of the work we have done with our team and our efforts. Today, awards are usually given to individuals; however, in modern science almost never a single person achieves great success. There’s always a teamwork, a huge laboratory has labor. Consequently, this also applies to all of our work. Therefore, although this award is given to me in name, it actually belongs not only to me, but to all of our team members with whom I have worked in the past and now ”. used the expressions.
2020 Institute of Physics Awards winners
- Chairman’s Medal – Myriam P Sarachik
- Isaac Newton Medal – Nader Engheta
- Gold Medals – Lord Kelvin Medal – Maggie Aderin-Pocock
- Gold Medals – Lawrence Bragg Medal – Nicholas St John Braithwaite
- Gold Medals – Richard Glazebrook Medal – John Llewellyn Collier
- Gold Medals – Michael Faraday Medal – Richard Ellis
- Gold Medals – Paul Dirac Medal – Carlos S Frenk
- Gold Medals – Katharine Burr Blodgett Medal – Drew Nelson
- Silver Medals – Thomas Young Medal – Mete Atatüre
- Silver Medals – Dennis Gabor Medal – David James Stuart Birch
- Silver Medals – James Joule Medal – Richard Bowtell
- Silver Medals – Marie Curie-Sklodowska Medal – Paul Chambers
- Silver Medals – Fred Hoyle Medal – William Chaplin
- Silver Medals – Joseph Thomson Medal – Michael Charlton
- Silver Medals – Nevill Mott Medal – Laurence Eaves
- Silver Medals – High School Meitner Medal – Edward Gomez
- Silver Medals – Peter Mansfield Medal – Penny Anne Gowland
- Silver Medals – James Chadwick Medal – Geoffrey Hall
- Silver Medals – Sam Edwards Medal – Julia Higgins
- Silver Medals – Cecelia Payne-Gaposchkin Medal – Simon Hooker
- Silver Medals – Rosalind Franklin Medal – The Physics of Life UK Network
- Silver Medals – Edward Appleton Medal – Adam Scaife
- Silver Medals – David Tabor Medal – Alexander Shluger
- Silver Medals – John William Strutt, Lord Rayleigh Medal – Kellogg Stelle