CHP Vice President Veli Ağbaba stated that the daylight saving time practice had a negative effect on people and submitted a law proposal to the Presidency of the Turkish Grand National Assembly to remove the practice.
the transition to permanent daylight saving time in Turkey, has sparked great debate. Employees and students starting the day when the weather is still darkwas considered negative. In order to change this practice, which was made permanent in 2017, Veli Ağbaba, Vice President of CHP, made a law proposal to the Presidency of the Turkish Grand National Assembly.
Vice President and Malatya Deputy Veli Ağbaba stated that since 2016, students and employees cannot see the daylight, and that the permanent summer time application it caused a huge waste of energy voicing, demanded the removal of this application.
“Permanent daylight savings time causes stress, especially in the Covid-19 period”
Veli Ağbaba, who stated that daylight saving time has a negative impact on biological time, emphasized that it is necessary to return to winter time as soon as possible. The application significantly reduces energy efficiency and that causes millions of waste a year expressed in his statement.
Ağbaba, especially in the Covid-19 period He emphasized that people should live with less stress and that summer time increases stress. In his statement on the subject, he included the following statements; “A daily life without sun, sleep, and stress, especially on Covid-19 days, affects the health of the whole society very badly.”
The law proposal submitted by Veli Ağbaba to the Presidency of the Turkish Grand National Assembly included the following articles;
- Article 1- Article 2 of the Law No. 697 of 26/12/1925 on the Replacement of the Day to Twenty-Four Hours has been changed as follows.
- “Article apartment located in the thirtieth degree of longitude by 2- Griniç is the basis for all hours of the Republic of Turkey. hours last Sunday of March every year, the Republic of Turkey; one hour ahead at 03:00 and one hour back at 04:00 on the last Sunday in October. “
- Article 2- The following provisional article has been added to Law No. 697.
- “Provisional Article 1- The hours on the Sunday of the following week, on the date of entry into force of the Law establishing this article, are regulated in accordance with the Law that created this article.”
- Article 3- This law enters into force on the date of its publication.
- Article 4- The President of the Republic executes the provisions of this law.