Tech

The Drinking Water Problem Can Be Made History With Solar Energy

Scientists aim to find a solution to the increasing drinking water problem with solar energy. A new study offers a new method by which solar energy can be used to obtain drinking water sustainably.

Although nearly 70 percent of the Earth, which is our only home, is covered with water, almost all of this water consists of undrinkable salt water. To explain even more clearly world Only 3 percent of all the water on it is potable fresh water. The remaining 97 percent is salty waters.

According to the data of the World Health Organization (WHO) 2 billion people, having trouble accessing clean potable water. Moreover, the global climate change we are experiencing increases this number day by day. The scientists are the salt water convert into potable water They continue to work on new methods for

solar energy

A team of scientists from Australia and China, purifying salt water has proposed a new method that does not need heat or electricity for the purpose, but instead uses solar energy entirely. in Nature published scientists in research, about per 1 kilogram of metal 150 liters of clean drinking water They managed to get it.

According to the information passed, scientists used a super-porous material for the brine treatment process. Moreover, the method used not only separates the salt from the brine, WHOIt manages to produce water that is cleaner than the water purity officially recommended.

potable water

The lead author of the study, Huanting Wang, a professor of chemical engineering at Monash University in Australia, said: “Thermal desalination processes performed by evaporation require energy intensive.” after talking like their own on the planet the most abundant energy source he stated that they used the sun.

“Other technologies such as reverse osmosis have some barriers such as high energy consumption and the use of chemicals in membrane cleaning and chlorine removal.” Wang said that the methods currently used cannot be used properly in places where the electrical infrastructure is not ‘good’, and his own methods can be accessed from almost anywhere. from solar energy He stated that he benefited, therefore, it was sustainable.